Pages

Three strikes and I'm out

10 March 2009

I got laid off today. I tried hard not to, but I cried when my boss told me. How embarrassing. It's not so much losing the job as it is the fact that I just went through this a couple years ago after being at a job for three months. It took me a year to find this job and now it's happening all over again. The economy is terrible so who knows how long it will take me to find another job...definitely not good for my resume or my mental health. Perhaps things would have been different if I had had the guts to pack up and move to Chicago or NYC after graduating. Design opportunities aren't exactly abundant in CT. So after one bad job and two layoffs I think me and graphic design are parting ways. I need to start looking into new, better paying, more stable career options.

No comments:

Post a Comment