Pages

My old planters get a new lease on life

28 July 2009

I had these planters sitting around taking up space after a failed cucumber growing attempt and decided to take a cue from Jessica at How About Orange and spray them something bright and cheery to go with my new hibiscus plants. You can get spray paint specifically made for plastic but unfortunately there isn't a wide color selection. For this project I used Rustoleum Plastic Primer, Ultra Cover Satin in Strawflower, and Ultra Cover Matte Clear for protection. You should wipe down new plastic surfaces with paint thinner before spraying. Since mine had been outside and exposed to the elements I skipped this step. I washed them with warm soapy water, let them dry and they were ready for their makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment