Pages

Ebay finds

26 January 2009

Seller: lookingformod Buy it Now for: $250

After being inspired by all of the wonderful before & after projects on Design*Sponge, I have taken an interest in furniture rehabbing, redesign or whatever you want to call it. Basically taking an old piece of furniture and giving it new life with a coat of paint or new upholstery. Where can you find old pieces of furniture to rehab? I'm guessing flea markets, thrift stores, craigslist, estate sales but would you ever think to look on ebay?

I'm all about having unique pieces of furniture in your home and you can find some really great, affordable pieces to redo on ebay. The only drawbacks are that you can't inspect the piece before buying and you have to pay for freight shipping, which isn't cheap. Unless of course you are lucky enough to live near the person selling them. I have taken to browsing every so often to fantasize about how I would rehab certain pieces if I had more space, time and money. Check out lookingformod, artcollector-usa and tsandcompany. I have been watching the above table for weeks. Unfortunately there is no room for it in my apartment. Wouldn't it look great in an entryway or behind a sofa? Especially if someone painted it orange. Now that would be a bold statement. Just a thought.

Seller: tsandcompany Sold for: $33.51

I like the off-white color but I'm not a fan of gold. Would have to change the color of the knob or replace it completely.

Seller: tsandcompany Sold for: $102.50

Would definitely paint over the gold trim with orange or black lacquer spraypaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment