Pages

Who needs Pottery Barn? Build your own furniture!

02 March 2010

My new favorite blog is Knock off Wood. I stumbled across it yesterday and two hours later found myself still browsing. To say that I was inspired and amazed is a severe understatement. I love to look at furniture from Pottery Barn, West Elm, Restoration Hardware etc... but it is usually way out of my price range. Ana found herself in the same predicament but didn't let it stop her from creating a stylish home by building her own furniture. She takes inspiration from places like Pottery Barn, figures out how to make the piece for a lot cheaper and puts together plans, diagrams and shopping lists that she is generous enough to share for free. All that she asks in return is that you add comments on your building experience to assist others and post finished projects on her bragging board. Thanks Ana!

Update: Ana's site can now be found at ana-white.com

No comments:

Post a Comment